Monday, November 07, 2011

Still testing, still positive

Other than my lack of bleeding (YAY) and my positive tests, and my super sore breasts, I don't have any other pregnancy symptoms.  I am taking the progesterone now, so that makes me feel better.

I shared my pregnancy tests with one of my bosses at work, since I didn't need all 50.  Next thing I knew, everyone knew I was pregnant, and another boss asked me for tests too.  Luckily pretty much everyone I work with knows that this isn't a guarantee.  I keep thinking, ok, the last two pregnancies worked, so I am going to figure this one will.  I refuse to think otherwise.

Time is dragging though.

I can't sleep.  At all.  And if I do go to sleep at night, I am up in the middle of the night, unable to sleep again.  Problem here is that I stopped taking my bipolar medicine, because I didn't want to take it pregnant, and I stopped taking my sleeping medicine, because I am not sure if it is safe right now either.  I see my mental health doctor this morning, and I am going to ask him about it, because right now, I am going to go crazy without sleep.  And I don't see my OB for a week.  I also think I have a UTI, so I am going to see if today's doctor will test for that too.  He is a normal doctor at our clinic, but he is also head of the medical mental health here in town as well.

I also have a ton of blood tests that I am having done today.  Just to make sure my vitamin levels are good, like I do every six months, since I had my gastric bypass.  I am wondering what they will do if I have to have iron transfusions again.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! I would find out from the doc asap about your meds - they may be safe after all, or he can give an alternative. I also didn't take my blood pressure meds and had trouble sleeping when I first found out but it turns out they are fine and I sure need them.

On My Mind 24/7 said...

Congrats! I was on progesterone for both of my pregnancies and do believe it helped tremendously. I was also taking anti-depressants and the docs just switched to safer ones during pregnancy. Best wishes to you!